Thursday, July 7, 2011

I wouldn't call it javelin throwing...

I was in Pihtipudas at the Javelin Carnival last week. On Friday I was just hangin out there and Hannu interviewed me infront of the javelin school kids and their parents. After that was over I changed into training gear and did a circuit and some shoulder stuff in the local weightroom. I then went over to the track and watched the kids train and throw and I just couldn't help myself, I had to try!!

I picked up the jav for the first time since April 21st 2010 and did some 20 "throws" with the kids 400g jav. I wouldn't exacly call it throwing, more like pushing, but it was fun to even try. It didn't hurt my shoulder at all, but as you can see from the videoclip, the shoulder is still way too stiff for real throwing. The shoulder doesn't really bother me in any way anymore which is nice, it's just stiff. I guess I'll just gradually have to try to do more and maybe be able to improve the flexibility through that. Anyway, it was a lot of fun to be in Pihtipudas. On Sunday I did the "expert commentary" for TV, it's a bit challenging to come up with something to say for every single throw but it's to do the commentary.... So, to put it short, javelin throwing is still fun...even though I'm only able to throw 19m with the 400g :) I think I did about 21m when I was 10y ;)...maybe I'll beat that next year.