Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Numbers

Tonight it'll be 5 weeks since I had surgery and on Friday I'm going to see the doc. I'm sooo hoping I'll get rid of the sling, it's definitely getting on my nervs and since Summer has arrived in Finland it's hot as H to wear it all the time. I was on the scale this morning and I've lost 6kg!! Insane that you work so hard to get the muscles and loose them just like that! I can't wait to get back to "normal two handed life" and to being able to work out and get in shape :)

Tomorrow is the first day of the Finnish Javelin Carneval in Pihtipudas (www.keihaskarnevaalit.com). It starts with junior comps for 9 year olds in the morning and ends with 22y in the evening. On Friday to Sunday they have javelin school, where ex throwers are the coaches. I'm going to Pihtipudas on Sunday for the mens and womens comps, I'll be doing some commenting for tv....yup, the comps will be on National TV for about an hour :) welcome to jav land ;) For me the return to Pihtipudas will mean mixed emotions. It will be my 25th time there, but the first time as an ex athlete and I would give anything to be able to compete there one last time. Pihtipudas has always been one of my favourite places to throw and it had a big influence on me becoming a javein thrower.
--
Sent from my Nokia N900